Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Drinking a cup of tea

Today was my second day of school, and as usual I came home stressing, worrying and complaining. I completely forgot where I was and what I am doing and just bummed around the house too groggy to do any of the homework that was making me feel so bummed. Now, a few hours later I just sat at my desk with a cup of tea to begin some of my reading. I made myself a cup of rooibos and honeybush tea. I put a smidge of honey and just a tiny bit of sugar in. The first sip melted away all of my anxiety. Mmhh. It tastes so fresh. I am in Africa! The most beautiful continent in the world. Why would I waste any of my time huffing and puffing. Yes, my course load is very heavy. But thats great. Im studying theatre, the thing I love, at one of the best schools in the world! And.... the killer is I DONT HAVE TO WORK! I havent had to work a job since the day I got here and im surviving! As I sit here over my tea I am just so thankful for being accepted into this great drama department that no study abroad student has EVER been accepted into at this amazing school, thankful for my talents that God has so graciously blessed me with, thankful for my extremely comfortable living situaition, thankful for the gorgeous lanscape I see everyday, thankful for all the amazing friends I've made already, EXTREMELY thankful for the finances I was blessed with so that I can not only come here but live here for 5 months and not work, and thankful for all the people that love me back at home. I am an extremely fortunate person and determined to

No comments: